Sunday, March 28, 2010

Another Two Weeks Down

So Im sitting here at work and I thought I would update on what Chris and I have done these last weeks and all the thougths that are running through my head. well maybe not all of them but a few. The main portion of our week is working eight to four thrity which seems to make our time here go by even faster. This last week after work I got to go play tennis!! It was in an indoor court but the courts arent hard courts like they are back home. They are carpet. Which is a little different but the effect was the same. I love the sound of indoor tennis it was awesome. I also got to play against Lena a girl I work with. Germany vs. America! We just hit around she has been playing since she was five, but I kept up. I cant wait till the middle of April when the clay courts are open.

Chris and I also decided to go to Düsseldorf, which is actually one of Germany´s fashion capitals. We didnt go shopping but went to a garden and an aquarium. It was really rainy that day so we couldnt really enjoy the garden, but when the flowers come out it will be beautiful. The aquarium was really fun, would be a great place to take your family to. It wasnt just sea animals but also bugs, birds, animals. It had an indoor rainforest, Im sorry i dont have pictures now but I will post some later. It was a lot of fun very interactive.

We have also been meeting with the missionaries for German lessons. Im still really struggling at the language but the lessons are helping. Im still not very comfortable with speaking even though I know quite a bit, but I dont know my accent is not good at all. Hopefully I will gain some confidence with it. The missionaries are super nice and we are hopeing they stay for this next transfer. If not we get new teachers. The one nice thing about the lessons are that after we get to play basketball in there gym. Which is only a half gym but im so gratefull for it. I miss playing baskteball once a week with everybody.

This last week we had German lessons and then Saturday went to Osnabruck and went shopping!! Chris got a speeding ticket the second week we were here so to make it fair I got to shop for the same ammount his speeding ticket cost us. It was great everything is really expensive here but I found some really cute items on sale.

We are getting ready for our Easter trip and I am getting super excited. I wanted to stay busy over this weekend because I didnt want to get homesick. So Chris and I decided to take a big road trip and we decided to go to ....... Rome!! I am so excited. But we are doing good, and we are so thankfull for all the blessing that we have recieved. The Lord truly knows us by heart and I am trying so hard to be that person he wants me to be. I love and miss my family so much I hope all is going well. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. ROME?!? Sweet!! Oh my gosh you will love it there. Such a fun place. Ky, it sounds like you guys are doing good! We miss you, but enjoy it while you can, keep busy, that's what will help. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete