Friday, June 18, 2010

The Hague Netherland Temple & Denmark/North Sea

So Im about a two weeks behind on my blogging and I thought I would catch up before the weekend hit and I would have even more to write about. Its crazy to think we have less then two months left, so these last weekends will be crammed with things to see before we get home. So to catch up June 5th Chris and I got up early and left to do a session in The Hague Netherland Temple, I had called about a month in advance to see when was the best time to come and if they rented clothes. They did not rent clothes, but after talking to the sweet worker she said that they did have a few extra clothes and they would hold them for us. So Chris and I woke up to hit the afternoon session. We got there and we couldnt find the parking lot for the temple, but what we learned was that cause of cost reasons of land there, the parking lot was actually built underneath the temple. So you drive to the first gate and you hit a button, there is a camera there so I figure if your in a suit and tie they will open it for you. You then drive down this tunnel where then a garage door opens into a secure parking lot very James Bond let me add, I thought it was super cool. We walked upstairs got all are stuff and attended a session in Dutch. The spirit that fills you even though in a different language is undescribable. Its amazing the peaceful feeling that you get from just being in that building, Im so grateful that Chris and I got to go it was an amazing day.....


On June 12th Chris and I headed to Denmark it was all together about a four hour trip. We were headed to a town called Tonder, the moment we got into that town I feel in love completely this town was beautiful. The building were so old but so well kept that it was just beautiful. We walked the streets of the quiet city and looked for souvenirs. We found a way cool store where everything inside is antiqued, its beautiful if I could I would of bought that whole store, it was so my style. What we found though for our souvenir for Denmark was two old European cars that I LOVE!!!! I cant wait to put these in my house I dont have a pic of them but they are awesome!!! Here are pics of Tonder......




After Tonder we drove to Romo. Romo is on a Danish Island right next to Denmark and to get across there is a land bridge from Denmark to the Island. There in Romo we went to the beach of the North Sea. This beach was very different for one of the facts that you can drive right on it. The sand is so compact with the shells which makes that possible. For another reason that its different is that its very windy there, which brings the kite boarders. So you look out into the water and there are kites everywhere its beautiful. We went out and played in the water and surprisingly it was warm. We took tons of pictures then headed home and watched some World Cup! It was an awesome day! With all that we have done and seen I still miss my family and friends so much and cant wait to get home and share our adventures, until next time...........




1 comment:

  1. What neat experiences! I can't wait to see "the cars" and I loved the pictures of Tonder. Glad you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete