Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1st Married Easter

This Easter didnt feel like much of a holiday, but I was grateful for confrence for the talks and giving Easter that amazing spirit. We had a lot of fun we didnt do eggs or hidden baskets this year instead we went to The Netherlands. I know I said Rome but we are going later when we can spend more time and hopefully the pope isnt in trouble anymore, its kind of crazy right there right now. Holland was amazing we went to De Hoge Veluwe national park. Where there is no cars only bikes. This park is known for their famous white bikes that you ride all through the park. There are many trails to take and sites to see. Inside of the park is an underground museum which was amazing, and the Hunting Lodge which to me looked more like a castle. The day was beautiful we had a picnic and just rode all day long, the day afterwards though we were pretty sore but it was worth it. Here are some pics of the parks.
Just one of the many places to get a bike.

Just some of the beautiful trails



The Underground Museum


The Hunting Lodge and Scenery

The weekend didnt end there we also went to Eltz castle, which is a castle that has been passed down form Eltz family to Eltz family for generations. There is still a family living there today. We went with the tour inside through a section of the castle. We werent allowed to take pictures of the indside but here are some pictures of the outside



This was an Easter to remember, and Im so grateful for my wonderful husband and the wonderful words of the prophet and apostles. I hope everyone had a great Easter. Until next time..

3 comments:

  1. it looks like your having an amazing time! Kinda jealous, but so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sorry I haven't commented in a while, we have been busy, but it was so fun to read all of your recent blog posts and catch up with all you have been doing. I'm glad that you are taking advantage of all of the opportunities to tour Europe--what an awesome experience! I'm also glad that you had a good Easter. Next year we will have our first Easter by ourselves and so I am grateful for your example of making the best of every situation. Thanks for sharing your testimony too. I love ya, Ky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie! It was so good to hear from you! I have read your recent posts and I am extremely jealous...I miss Europe and I am ready to go back! Good luck and enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete